We are happy to bring you yet another version of the app. This one will come to you on Monday, 18 March 2019 (you’ll be notified in-app when it is available).
There will be maintenance downtime between 0200-0600 CT on 18 March as we update our servers with the new changes.
The majority of the changes that v86 brings will help make our life a little easier and will establish some features needed internally. But, not everything is about us. We bring a few things that will make your life a little different and better, even if it isn’t as noticeable.
How to Install v86
- If you aren’t already on v85…well, uninstall and get with the times so you can enjoy all the cool stuff we have been getting into the app lately.
- If you are on v85, you should be good to upgrade to v86 without uninstalling. Just get the newest version and keep going. It is something that has been a long time coming and, well, it’s here…just in time for App Stores (of course, you all get to see it first for a bit).
Here is what you can expect:
- “Simple Words” is now referred to as “Base Vocab”
- We removed the “…” on the back of flashcards until it is ready for your use.
- We have new user guidance for review sessions. If you have another review session to do, you can now opt to start another review session right after you finish one WITHOUT having to go back to the home screen (pick “Keep Going” — you’ll see it on the Bravo card).
- The Add a Language screen is now a single column and scroll-able (plus bigger flags and text).
- We handle review sessions a little bit differently now. We now make sure you get the most current sentence, data, and audio for your review sessions. This means no more missing audio or outdated flashcards to review. We check every time you start a review session for changes before presenting you with the flashcards…cool, huh?
- Finally, we set the stage for App Stores — soon uninstalls will no longer be needed for new versions.
Well, that’s about it for v86. Nothing too fancy, but there is A LOT going on in the background that sets the way forward for v87 and beyond.
For your convenience (to be used after the newest version of the app is released):