An updated Fluent Forever app will be available on 4 Feb 2020.
In preparation for this update, we will have maintenance downtime from 0200-0600 CT on 4 Feb 2020.
We will publish the app in both app stores the morning of 4 Feb 2020 — it will be out of our hands as to exactly when the update becomes available for you, while the App Stores ensure you are able to access the latest and greatest.
Well, it is our first build of the new decade. Why not start it off with a bang? Do you remember all those rather vague messages about working on things, hoping to get changes out to you soon, and lots of behind-the-scene efforts?
Let’s talk about what we have been working on:
- We fixed LOTS and LOTS of review session bugs.
- All new flashcard designs. We updated our flashcards to look like flashcards. This change also let’s us easily support other languages we add to the app.
- Flashcard swiping is all new and redesigned. Now, it’s easy to see how you’re answering the flashcard and it works SO MUCH BETTER!
- We added in quick answer buttons to flashcards as well. You have the choice of using these buttons (X for incorrect; checkmark for correct) or swiping. Don’t worry: you don’t have to choose one method — you can switch back and forth. But I might recommend: Come to the darkside!
- Did I mention we fixed LOTS of review session bugs?
- You now have the ability to see the frontside (question) of the flashcard again. We added in a
See Questionbutton so you can flip back to the frontside of the flashcard if you want to.
- Since, we’re on the topic of buttons, we added a
See Answerbutton so you can flip to the backside (answer) of the flashcard. Flip back and forth all you need before answering. You’ll notice that the ability to answer from the frontside (question) of the flashcard is enabled once you have seen the answer.
- Ok, I’ve mentioned
flipa couple times now. Yes, our flashcards actually flip now. It’s kind of cool…
- All new intro and exit screens are available for review sessions.
- We worked on the progress summary and some modals to help make things work better and not freeze up your app.
- We updated the video subtitles as well. It’s so much easier now to see what is covered in each video in case you need to go back for some extra practice or an example of a sound in the language you’re learning. Instead of
Watch a Video About Spanish Pronunciationfor
Consonants 8, we have updated it to
N as in Banca, CH as in Chancleta, and more. See! Now it’s so much easier to know what is covered in the video.
I think that is enough for right now. We are already wrapping up improvements for the next release.
I think this is what they call an unoffical trailer that was leaked by a misbehaving individual…
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Good question! Well, we are finishing up some improvements for user guidance to help explain what each section includes and to help differentiate between the Basic Vocab and Grammar tabs.
Some things that will be coming out for your enjoyment (over the first half of this year) as we work towards getting them ready for you:
- Estimated times for completing daily tasks
- Homescreen layout changes
- User Progress stats
- Improvements on how to use the app
- Pronunciation trainer improvements
- Add your own word
- Delete flashcards