An updated Fluent Forever app will be available on 29 June 2020.
In preparation for this update, we will have maintenance downtime from 0200-0600 CT on 29 June 2020.
We will publish the app in both app stores the morning of 29 June 2020 — it will be out of our hands as to exactly when the update becomes available for you, while the App Stores ensure you are able to access the latest and greatest.
It is here: J-A-P-A-N-E-S-E is finally available!
Yes, it has been a long-awaited language, and we are really excited to roll it out. This is our first phase of Japanese, and we will continue to release more content and features as they are ready.
Let’s get into what is actually happening with Japanese in the app.
- Pronunciation videos are available
- Basics of Spelling and Ear Trainers are available
- New flashcard type which helps you learn the stroke order of Japanese characters with either an image or a GIF
- Explore tab is hidden for Japanese only — this feature it isn’t quite ready but that wasn’t worth keeping Japanese out of your hands
- The first nine basic vocab and grammar sets are available: 50 words/150 sentences
- For the advanced users (or those that don’t need a reading/Furigana), in Settings, you can toggle on/off the reading/Furigana
- Japanese font is a bit bigger than other languages so you can see the characters clearly
**For our backers: Even though Japanese is not complete and only has a limited amount of content, an activate subscription is still needed to access the language. Therefore, if you have not activated your subscription yet, you must do so in order to use/experience Japanese.
Now that the high-level overview is out of the way, we need your help.
Check out the Japanese language, the changes, the layout, everything. Then, tell us what needs to be improved or tweaked to help you learn better or have a better experience with the language.
To do so, simply, go to this Monday.com form and submit your Japanese-related improvement: https://forms.monday.com/forms/71b3712da77a5749f7a7508f9f46605e
For full disclosure: we WILL be releasing more words/sentences as they are ready; we WILL be enabling the Explore tab when it is ready; we will be introducing some advanced Kanji flashcards when they are ready.